Indulge in the deliciousness of Starbucks-style egg bites without the hefty price tag. These homemade bacon and cheese egg bites are not only budget-friendly but also incredibly easy to make. With the perfect blend of cottage cheese, eggs, bacon, and cheese, these mini delights are ideal for breakfast on the go or a delightful snack.
- 1 dozen eggs ($1.20)
- 1 16oz carton cottage cheese ($0.55)
- 1 bag shredded cheese (your choice of variety, approximately $2.00)
- 1/4 cup bacon pieces ($0.50 worth)
- Olive oil, for greasing
- Optional: Everything But The Bagel seasoning, for added flavor
- Preheat the Oven: Preheat your oven to 325°F (163°C) and grease a mini silicone muffin pan with a little olive oil to prevent sticking.
- Prepare the Egg Mixture:
- In a blender, combine the eggs, cottage cheese, and shredded cheese. Blend until the mixture is smooth, which should take about 45 seconds. For extra flavor, consider adding a sprinkle of Everything But The Bagel seasoning to the mixture.
- Add Bacon and Fill Muffin Pan:
- Sprinkle a small amount of bacon pieces into the bottom of each muffin cup in the silicone pan.
- Fill each cup about 3/4 full with the blended egg mixture. The bacon will create a flavorful base for each bite.
- Bake in Water Bath:
- Place the filled silicone muffin pan on a larger baking sheet. Add water to the baking sheet to create a water bath, ensuring even cooking.
- Bake to Perfection:
- Bake the egg bites in the preheated oven for about 30 minutes or until they are set and slightly golden on top. The water bath helps in creating a moist and fluffy texture.
- Cool and Enjoy:
- Allow the egg bites to cool in the silicone pan for a few minutes before gently removing them. They should easily pop out due to the silicone material.
- Enjoy your homemade bacon and cheese egg bites hot, warm, or at room temperature.
Yield: Approximately 63 egg bites
These homemade bacon and cheese egg bites are not only delicious but also incredibly cost-effective, giving you a delightful breakfast option without breaking the bank. Experiment with different cheese varieties and seasonings to customize the flavor to your liking. Happy munching! 🥚🥓😊
1. Can I freeze these egg bites? Yes, you can freeze these egg bites. Allow them to cool completely, then transfer to an airtight container or freezer bag. They can be frozen for up to 2-3 months. To reheat, simply microwave them for a minute or two until heated through.
2. Can I use different types of cheese in this recipe? Absolutely! Feel free to experiment with different cheese varieties such as cheddar, Swiss, feta, or even a blend of cheeses. Each type of cheese will bring a unique flavor to the egg bites.
3. Can I make these egg bites in advance for meal prep? Yes, these egg bites are perfect for meal prep. Make a batch over the weekend and refrigerate them in an airtight container. They can be reheated in the microwave or oven throughout the week for a quick and convenient breakfast or snack.
4. What can I serve these egg bites with? These egg bites are versatile and can be served with various accompaniments. They pair well with a side of fresh fruit, mixed greens, toast, or even a simple salad. They also make a great addition to brunch buffets.
5. Can I customize the fillings and add other ingredients? Absolutely! You can customize the fillings by adding vegetables like spinach, bell peppers, or mushrooms. You can also incorporate cooked sausage, ham, or turkey bacon for different protein options. Experiment with different herbs and seasonings to create unique flavor profiles.
6. Can I use regular muffin tins instead of a silicone muffin pan? Yes, you can use regular muffin tins, but make sure to grease them well to prevent sticking. Silicone pans are convenient because they usually don’t require greasing.
7. How long do these egg bites stay fresh in the refrigerator? When stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator, these egg bites stay fresh for up to 3-4 days. It’s best to consume them within this timeframe for the best taste and texture.
8. Can I reheat these egg bites in the oven? Yes, you can reheat the egg bites in the oven at a low temperature (around 325°F or 163°C) until they are heated through. Cover them with foil to prevent drying out. Reheating time may vary, so keep an eye on them to avoid overcooking.
Enjoy your homemade bacon and cheese egg bites, and feel free to get creative with your variations and serving options! 🍳🥓😊