- 2 cups cooked chicken, shredded or diced
- 1 can sliced potatoes, drained
- 1 bag frozen veggie mix (carrots, peas, corn, green beans, etc.)
- 2 cans cream of chicken soup
- 1/4 container (about 1 cup) chicken broth
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- Garlic powder, to taste
- Minced onion, to taste
- Paprika, to taste
- 1 box Red Lobster biscuit mix (prepared according to package instructions)
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- Optional: Cheddar cheese, shredded (for added flavor)
- Preheat Oven: Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Prepare Filling: In a 9×13-inch baking dish, combine the cooked chicken, sliced potatoes, frozen veggie mix, cream of chicken soup, chicken broth, salt, pepper, garlic powder, minced onion, and paprika. Mix everything together until well combined.
- Prepare Biscuit Topping: Prepare the Red Lobster biscuit mix according to the package instructions. Drop spoonfuls of the biscuit dough onto the chicken and veggie mixture, covering the surface.
- Bake: Place the baking dish in the preheated oven and bake for 15 minutes or until the biscuit topping starts to set.
- Prepare Garlic Butter: While the pot pie is baking, melt the butter. Add minced garlic to the melted butter and stir well.
- Garlic Butter Finish: After the initial 15 minutes of baking, pour the garlic butter mixture over the partially baked biscuits.
- Continue Baking: Return the baking dish to the oven and bake for an additional 10 minutes or until the biscuits are golden brown and cooked through.
- Optional Cheese Topping: If desired, sprinkle shredded cheddar cheese over the biscuits during the last few minutes of baking for a cheesy, flavorful crust.
- Serve: Allow the Cheddar Bay Chicken Pot Pie to cool slightly before serving. Spoon servings onto plates, ensuring each serving has a portion of the garlic butter biscuits on top.
- Enjoy: Serve this delicious and comforting Cheddar Bay Chicken Pot Pie with a side salad or your favorite vegetable for a hearty and satisfying meal.
Here are some tips to elevate your Cheddar Bay Chicken Pot Pie with Garlic Butter Biscuit Topping for an even more delightful dining experience:
- Cheddar Cheese Boost: Sprinkle shredded cheddar cheese over the biscuit topping during the last few minutes of baking. This adds a rich, cheesy flavor and a golden crust.
- Fresh Herbs: Add a handful of fresh herbs, such as chopped parsley, thyme, or chives, to the filling or sprinkle them over the finished pot pie. This brings a burst of freshness and color.
- Roasted Garlic in Butter: Roast garlic cloves and mix them into the melted butter before pouring it over the biscuits. Roasted garlic adds a milder, sweeter flavor compared to raw minced garlic.
- Crispy Bacon Bits: Sprinkle crispy bacon bits over the filling before adding the biscuit topping. The smoky flavor and crispy texture will complement the creamy filling.
- Homemade Biscuits: If you have the time, consider making homemade biscuits instead of using a mix. You can customize them with additional herbs, cheese, or spices for a unique touch.
- Vegetable Variations: Experiment with different vegetables or add extra veggies to suit your taste. Sautéed mushrooms, diced bell peppers, or spinach can be delicious additions.
- Custom Seasoning Blend: Create a custom seasoning blend for the filling. Mix together your favorite herbs and spices to add depth of flavor, such as thyme, rosemary, or a pinch of cayenne for a subtle kick.
- Caramelized Onions: Consider caramelizing onions before adding them to the filling. This adds sweetness and richness to the overall flavor profile.
- Fresh Lemon Zest: Grate some fresh lemon zest over the top just before serving to brighten up the flavors and add a citrusy aroma.
- Individual Servings: Instead of a large baking dish, consider making individual pot pies in ramekins. It not only looks charming but also allows for more controlled portions.
- Serve with a Sauce: Accompany the pot pie with a complementary sauce, such as a tangy aioli or a creamy herb-infused sauce, to enhance the overall dining experience.
- Garnish with Fresh Greens: Add a handful of fresh arugula or baby spinach on top just before serving for a burst of color and a peppery note.
- Spice It Up: For those who enjoy a bit of heat, add a pinch of cayenne pepper or red pepper flakes to the filling or the garlic butter for a subtle kick.
Remember to taste and adjust the seasoning as you go along, and don’t be afraid to get creative with your favorite flavors!
Achieving the perfect Cheddar Bay Chicken Pot Pie with Garlic Butter Biscuit Topping involves a combination of techniques and attention to detail. Here are some secrets to elevate your dish:
- Flavorful Chicken Base: Begin by seasoning the chicken well before cooking. Consider marinating or seasoning the chicken with your favorite herbs and spices for added flavor.
- Enhanced Vegetable Mix: Sauté the frozen vegetable mix in a bit of butter or olive oil before incorporating them into the filling. This adds an extra layer of richness and depth to the vegetables.
- Customized Seasonings: Experiment with your favorite seasonings beyond the basic salt and pepper. Consider using poultry seasoning, thyme, rosemary, or a pinch of nutmeg for a unique flavor profile.
- Herb-Infused Biscuit Dough: Add fresh herbs like chopped chives, parsley, or dill to the biscuit dough. This brings a burst of freshness to the dish and complements the savory filling.
- Homemade Chicken Broth: If possible, use homemade chicken broth for a richer and more robust flavor. You can make it ahead of time or use low-sodium store-bought broth.
- Crispy Biscuit Tops: For a perfectly crisp and golden biscuit topping, brush the biscuit dough with a beaten egg or melted butter before baking. This gives the biscuits a beautiful sheen and extra flavor.
- Layered Cheese Flavor: If you’re a cheese lover, layer shredded cheddar cheese between the filling and the biscuit topping for a gooey and flavorful surprise.
- Garlic Butter Infusion: Infuse even more garlic flavor into the butter by sautéing minced garlic in it before pouring it over the biscuits. This adds a depth of flavor to the final dish.
- Balanced Filling-to-Biscuit Ratio: Aim for a balanced ratio of filling to biscuit. Ensure that the biscuit layer is thick enough to hold up to the creamy filling without becoming soggy.
- Even Baking: Rotate the baking dish halfway through the baking time to ensure even cooking of the biscuit topping. This prevents one side from becoming too dark.
- Fresh Lemon Zest: Add a touch of fresh lemon zest to the filling or the garlic butter for a hint of brightness that cuts through the richness of the dish.
- Individual Portions: Consider making individual portions in ramekins for a charming presentation. This also allows for better control over the baking time.
- Garnish with Fresh Greens: Garnish the finished dish with a handful of fresh arugula, baby spinach, or microgreens for a burst of color and a peppery note.
- Pairing with Sauces: Serve the pot pie with a side of savory sauces, such as a lemon-garlic aioli or a tangy yogurt-based dip, for additional flavor variety.
Feel free to customize these secrets to suit your taste preferences and enjoy the delightful experience of a perfectly crafted Cheddar Bay Chicken Pot Pie with Garlic Butter Biscuit Topping!