- 3 large green peppers, halved, stems and seeds removed
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup minced onion
- 1 large egg
- 1 can (10.75 oz) condensed tomato soup, divided
- Shredded cheese (cheddar or Mexican blend)
- Water for baking dish
📝 Instructions: 1️⃣ Prepare Peppers:
- Cut the green peppers in half, remove the stems and seeds.
- Blanch the pepper halves in boiling salted water for 4 minutes.
- Drain and place them in a 9×13″ baking dish.
2️⃣ Make Filling:
- In a large mixing bowl, combine ground beef, cooked rice, salt, black pepper, minced onion, egg, and half of the condensed tomato soup. Mix until well combined.
3️⃣ Stuff Peppers:
- Spoon the beef and rice mixture into each blanched pepper half, pressing it down gently.
4️⃣ Sauce and Water:
- Spoon the remaining half of the condensed tomato soup over the stuffed peppers.
- Pour water into the bottom of the baking dish until it’s about 1/4 inch deep.
- Bake the stuffed peppers uncovered at 350°F (175°C) for 50 minutes.
6️⃣ Cheesy Finish:
- Sprinkle shredded cheese over the stuffed peppers and bake for an additional 10 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
7️⃣ Serve and Enjoy:
- Remove from the oven and let it cool slightly before serving.
- Serve these Cheesy Stuffed Bell Peppers Supreme with a side of sour cream or salsa, if desired.
🕒 Preparation Time: 20 minutes | 🕒 Cooking Time: 60 minutes | 🕒 Total Time: 80 minutes
These Cheesy Stuffed Bell Peppers are not only a delicious and comforting meal but also a delightful way to enjoy the vibrant flavors of bell peppers and a cheesy, beefy filling. Perfect for a family dinner or as a dish to share at gatherings!
Here are some helpful tips to make your Cheesy Stuffed Bell Peppers Supreme even more delightful:
- Choose Fresh Bell Peppers:
- Select firm and vibrant green peppers for the best texture and flavor. The freshness of the peppers contributes to the overall appeal of the dish.
- Mix Meat and Rice Thoroughly:
- Ensure the ground beef and cooked rice are well combined in the filling mixture. This creates a cohesive and flavorful stuffing for the peppers.
- Add Variety to Cheese:
- Experiment with different cheeses for the topping. A mix of cheddar and Monterey Jack or a Mexican blend can add extra flavor and gooeyness.
- Enhance Seasonings:
- Adjust the seasoning to your taste. You can add a pinch of garlic powder, cumin, or paprika to the filling for an extra layer of flavor.
- Fresh Herbs:
- Consider adding fresh herbs like chopped parsley or cilantro to the filling for a burst of freshness and color.
- Precook Vegetables:
- Sauté the minced onions before adding them to the filling mixture. This can enhance their flavor and ensure they are fully cooked during the baking process.
- Use Homemade Tomato Soup:
- If time allows, make your own tomato soup for the recipe. Homemade soup can have a richer flavor compared to canned varieties.
- Adjust Tomato Soup Quantity:
- Depending on your preference, you can adjust the amount of tomato soup used in the filling and on top of the peppers for a balance of flavors.
- Customize Spice Level:
- Add a pinch of red pepper flakes or diced jalapeños to the filling if you enjoy a bit of heat in your stuffed peppers.
- Garnish Creatively:
- Garnish the finished dish with chopped green onions, fresh herbs, or a dollop of sour cream for an appealing presentation and added flavor.
- Let Them Rest:
- Allow the stuffed peppers to rest for a few minutes after baking. This helps the flavors meld together, and it’s easier to serve without the filling falling apart.
- Make-Ahead Tips:
- Prepare the filling a day in advance and store it in the refrigerator. On the day of serving, stuff the peppers and bake for a quick and convenient meal.
- Grill for a Smoky Flavor:
- For a smoky flavor, consider grilling the stuffed peppers instead of baking them. This adds a delicious char and enhances the overall taste.
- Serve with Sides:
- Serve the stuffed peppers with a side of guacamole, salsa, or a light salad to complement the flavors and add freshness to the meal.
By incorporating these tips, you can elevate the Cheesy Stuffed Bell Peppers Supreme to a new level of deliciousness, ensuring a delightful dining experience for everyone!
Here are some popular questions and answers related to Cheesy Stuffed Bell Peppers Supreme:
Q1: Can I use a different type of meat for the filling? A1: Yes, you can use ground turkey, chicken, or a meat substitute for a leaner option. Adjust seasonings accordingly for flavor.
Q2: How do I prevent the peppers from getting too soft during baking? A2: To maintain a firmer texture, blanch the peppers for a shorter time, and reduce the baking time by a few minutes. Keep an eye on them while baking.
Q3: Can I make these stuffed peppers ahead of time? A3: Yes, you can prepare the filling and stuff the peppers in advance. Refrigerate until ready to bake. Add a few extra minutes to the baking time if the filling is cold.
Q4: What other cheese options can I use for topping? A4: Besides cheddar or Mexican blend, you can use mozzarella, pepper jack, or a blend of your favorite cheeses for added variety.
Q5: Can I freeze stuffed peppers for later? A5: Yes, you can freeze them before baking. Thaw in the refrigerator before baking according to the original instructions.
Q6: How do I reheat leftover stuffed peppers? A6: Reheat in the oven at 350°F (175°C) until warmed through. You can also microwave them for a quicker option.
Q7: Can I add more vegetables to the filling? A7: Absolutely! Chopped bell peppers, corn, or black beans can be added to the filling for extra flavor and nutritional value.
Q8: What side dishes pair well with Cheesy Stuffed Bell Peppers? A8: Serve with a side of guacamole, salsa, a light salad, or Mexican rice for a complete and satisfying meal.
Q9: Can I use brown rice instead of white rice? A9: Yes, you can substitute brown rice for white rice. Keep in mind that brown rice may require a slightly longer cooking time.
Q10: Can I make these stuffed peppers spicy? A10: Absolutely! Add diced jalapeños or a pinch of red pepper flakes to the filling if you prefer a spicier kick.
Q11: What’s the best way to prevent the cheese from burning during baking? A11: If you notice the cheese is browning too quickly, loosely cover the stuffed peppers with aluminum foil for the remaining baking time.
Q12: Can I use a different type of tomato soup? A12: Yes, you can experiment with different varieties of tomato soup or even use a tomato sauce. Adjust the seasoning accordingly.
Q13: Can I make this recipe vegetarian? A13: Absolutely! Substitute the ground beef with a plant-based alternative or additional vegetables like mushrooms or black beans.
Q14: Can I use a different color of bell peppers? A14: Yes, feel free to use red, yellow, or orange bell peppers for a colorful variation. Each color has a slightly different flavor.
These Q&A pairs should address common inquiries and help you navigate the process of making delicious Cheesy Stuffed Bell Peppers Supreme!
Achieving the perfect Cheesy Stuffed Bell Peppers Supreme involves attention to detail and a few culinary secrets. Here are some tips to ensure your dish turns out absolutely delicious:
- Perfectly Cooked Rice:
- Ensure that the rice is cooked perfectly. It should be tender but not mushy. Fluff the rice to prevent clumps in the filling.
- Balanced Seasoning:
- Taste the filling before stuffing the peppers. Adjust the salt, pepper, and other seasonings to achieve a well-balanced and flavorful filling.
- Quality Ingredients:
- Use high-quality ingredients, especially the tomato soup and cheese. Quality ingredients can significantly enhance the overall taste of the dish.
- Proper Blanching:
- Be mindful not to over-blanch the peppers. Four minutes is a general guideline, but adjust based on the size and thickness of your peppers to maintain a slight crispness.
- Consistent Pepper Size:
- Try to select peppers that are similar in size to ensure even cooking. This ensures all the peppers are done at the same time.
- Even Filling Distribution:
- Distribute the filling evenly among the pepper halves. This ensures consistent cooking and a uniform flavor in each bite.
- Sufficient Water in the Baking Dish:
- The water in the baking dish helps steam the peppers, keeping them moist. Ensure there’s enough, but not too much, to avoid diluting the flavors.
- Preventing Cheese Burning:
- If you notice the cheese is browning too quickly during the final bake, cover the dish loosely with aluminum foil for the remainder of the cooking time.
- Let Them Rest:
- Allow the stuffed peppers to rest for a few minutes after baking. This allows the flavors to meld and makes them easier to handle without falling apart.
- Creative Cheese Blend:
- Experiment with different cheese blends for the topping. Combining cheddar, mozzarella, and a touch of Parmesan can create a deliciously gooey and flavorful topping.
- Fresh Herbs for Garnish:
- Garnish with fresh herbs like chopped parsley or cilantro just before serving. This adds a burst of freshness and a pop of color.
- Enhance with Sides:
- Elevate the meal by serving with sides like a zesty salsa, creamy guacamole, or a light salad for a well-rounded dining experience.
- Grill for a Charred Flavor:
- If you have the option, consider finishing the stuffed peppers on a grill for a smoky and charred flavor.
- Customize Spice Level:
- Adjust the spice level to your liking by adding hot sauce, red pepper flakes, or diced jalapeños to the filling.
- Mix and Match Vegetables:
- Introduce additional vegetables like corn, black beans, or diced tomatoes to the filling for added texture and flavor.
By incorporating these secrets into your cooking process, you’ll be well on your way to achieving the perfect Cheesy Stuffed Bell Peppers Supreme that’s bursting with flavor and appeal!