- 10 Lasagna Noodles, cooked al dente
- 1 cup Ricotta Cheese
- 1 cup Pepperoni Slices
- 1 ½ cups Pasta/Pizza Sauce (plus extra for serving)
- 2 cups Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
- ½ teaspoon Italian Seasoning (optional)
- Fresh Basil leaves, for garnish (optional)
- Preheat and Prepare:
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Grease a glass baking dish and spread a light layer of pasta/pizza sauce on the bottom.
- Assemble the Roll-Ups:
- Lay out the cooked lasagna noodles on a clean surface or a baking pan.
- Spread a thin layer of ricotta cheese evenly over each noodle.
- Place a layer of pepperoni slices over the ricotta cheese.
- Roll Up the Noodles:
- Carefully roll up each lasagna noodle, starting from one end and rolling towards the other end, enclosing the ricotta and pepperoni filling.
- Arrange in the Baking Dish:
- Place the lasagna roll-ups seam side down in the prepared baking dish.
- Sauce and Cheese:
- Pour the remaining pasta/pizza sauce over the top of the roll-ups, ensuring they are generously covered.
- Sprinkle the shredded mozzarella cheese evenly over the sauce.
- Optionally, sprinkle Italian seasoning over the cheese for extra flavor.
- Cover the baking dish with aluminum foil and bake in the preheated oven for about 20 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Carefully remove from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes.
- Garnish with fresh basil leaves if desired.
- Serve the pepperoni pizza lasagna roll-ups hot, with extra pasta/pizza sauce on the side for dipping.
Enjoy your delicious and creative Pepperoni Pizza Lasagna Roll-Ups for a fun twist on traditional lasagna!
Q1: Can I use different types of cheese in this recipe? Certainly! While mozzarella cheese is classic for pizza, you can experiment with other cheeses like cheddar, provolone, or a blend of Italian cheeses. Feel free to customize the recipe to your taste preferences.
Q2: How can I make these roll-ups vegetarian? To make a vegetarian version, omit the pepperoni and consider adding sautéed vegetables such as bell peppers, mushrooms, or spinach to the ricotta filling. You can also include some sliced black olives or artichoke hearts for added flavor.
Q3: Can I prepare these roll-ups ahead of time? Yes, you can assemble the roll-ups ahead of time and refrigerate them for up to 24 hours before baking. Simply cover the baking dish with plastic wrap and refrigerate. When you’re ready to bake, allow the dish to come to room temperature for about 15-20 minutes before baking as directed.
Q4: How do I store leftovers, and can they be reheated? Store any leftover Pepperoni Pizza Lasagna Roll-Ups in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2-3 days. To reheat, place the desired number of roll-ups in a microwave-safe dish, cover with a damp paper towel, and heat in the microwave in 30-second intervals until thoroughly heated. Alternatively, reheat in the oven at 350°F, covered with foil, until warmed through.
Q5: Can I freeze these roll-ups? Yes, you can freeze the assembled but unbaked roll-ups for later use. Place them in a freezer-safe dish, separated by parchment paper, and cover tightly with plastic wrap and aluminum foil. Freeze for up to 2-3 months. To bake, thaw in the refrigerator overnight and follow the baking instructions in the original recipe.