- 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, microwaved on high for 3 minutes
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/4 cups mini chocolate chips, divided
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1/2 cups melted white chocolate
- Prepare the Pan:
- Grease an 8″ or 9″ square pan with cooking spray.
- Line the pan with parchment paper, leaving some overhang for easy removal.
- Make the Cookie Dough Base:
- In a large bowl, use a hand mixer to beat softened butter, sugar, and vanilla until smooth.
- Add the microwaved flour and kosher salt to the bowl, continuing to beat until well combined.
- Stir in 1 cup of mini chocolate chips, ensuring they are evenly distributed in the cookie dough.
- Prepare the Fudge Mixture:
- In another large bowl, combine sweetened condensed milk and melted white chocolate.
- Gently fold the sweetened condensed milk and white chocolate mixture into the cookie dough mixture until fully combined.
- Assemble and Chill:
- Pour the combined mixture into the prepared pan, spreading it evenly.
- Sprinkle the remaining 1/4 cup of mini chocolate chips on top.
- Refrigerate the fudge until firm, approximately 2 hours.
- Cut and Serve:
- Once the fudge is firm, lift the edges of the parchment paper to easily remove it from the pan.
- Place the fudge on a cutting board and cut it into squares of your desired size.
- Serve the delicious cookie dough fudge squares and enjoy the perfect blend of cookie dough and fudge flavors.
Note: Feel free to get creative by adding chopped nuts, sprinkles, or drizzling extra chocolate on top before refrigerating for an extra touch of indulgence!
Here are some helpful tips to make your Cookie Dough Fudge even more delightful:
- Quality Ingredients: Use high-quality ingredients, especially when it comes to chocolate. This can significantly enhance the flavor of your fudge.
- Add Flavor Variations: Experiment with flavor variations by adding extracts like almond or hazelnut to the cookie dough. You can also incorporate a hint of cinnamon or espresso for a unique twist.
- Use Mini Cookie Cutters: After the fudge has chilled, use mini cookie cutters to create fun shapes. This not only adds a decorative element but also makes for a more visually appealing presentation.
- Layered Fudge: Create a layered effect by making two separate batches—one with dark chocolate and another with white chocolate. Pour one layer over the other in the pan for a visually stunning, two-toned fudge.
- Top with Toppings: Sprinkle crushed nuts, shredded coconut, or colorful sprinkles on top of the fudge before it sets. This adds texture and makes the fudge more visually appealing.
- Drizzle with Chocolate: After cutting the fudge into squares, drizzle melted chocolate (dark, milk, or white) over the top. This not only enhances the appearance but also adds an extra layer of chocolatey goodness.
- Infuse with a Kick: Add a pinch of cayenne pepper or a dash of your favorite liqueur (such as Bailey’s or Grand Marnier) to the fudge mixture for a subtle, unexpected kick.
- Serve with Ice Cream: Warm a square of the fudge and serve it alongside a scoop of vanilla ice cream. The warm and cold combination is delightful.
- Experiment with Cookie Dough Varieties: Instead of the classic chocolate chip cookie dough, try using different cookie dough flavors like peanut butter, snickerdoodle, or even a double chocolate cookie dough.
- Personalized Gift Packaging: If you’re gifting the fudge, consider placing individual pieces in decorative packaging or wrapping them in colorful foil. Personal touches enhance the overall experience.
- Temperature Control: Be mindful of the temperature when melting chocolate. Use a gentle heat setting to prevent chocolate from seizing, and stir it frequently.
- Add Sea Salt: Sprinkle a bit of flaky sea salt on top of the fudge just before it sets to balance the sweetness and enhance the overall flavor.
Remember, the joy of cooking lies in creativity, so don’t hesitate to tailor the recipe to your preferences and experiment with different additions and presentations!