- 3-5 chicken breasts, cooked to liking (seasoned with salt, pepper, and garlic powder)
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 soup can full of milk
- 2 cans crescent rolls
- Preheat Oven: Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Prepare Chicken: Cook the chicken breasts according to your liking. Season them with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Once cooked, shred the chicken in a bowl.
- Mix Chicken and Cheese: Add 1/2 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese to the shredded chicken. Mix well.
- Prepare Crescent Rolls: Unroll the crescent rolls. Place a portion of the chicken mixture onto the big end of each crescent roll. Roll up the crescent rolls with the chicken mixture inside.
- Arrange in Pan: Place the rolled crescent rolls in a 9×13-inch baking pan.
- Prepare Soup Mixture: In a saucepan, heat the cream of chicken soup, milk, and the remaining mozzarella cheese. Stir until the cheese is melted and the mixture is well combined.
- Pour Soup Mixture: Pour the soup mixture over the rolled crescent rolls in the baking pan.
- Bake: Place the pan in the preheated oven and bake for 30-35 minutes or until the crescent rolls are golden brown and cooked through.
- Serve: Optional – sprinkle some extra cheese on top before serving. Serve the casserole hot.
Enjoy your Chicken and Cheese Crescent Roll Casserole!
some popular questions and their answers related to Chicken and Cheese Crescent Roll Casserole:
Q1: Can I use pre-cooked chicken for this recipe? Answer: Yes, you can use pre-cooked chicken for this recipe. It’s a great way to use leftover chicken or rotisserie chicken for a quicker preparation.
Q2: What can I substitute for cream of chicken soup? Answer: If you prefer, you can use cream of mushroom soup or cream of celery soup as alternatives. Additionally, you can explore making a homemade cream soup base.
Q3: Can I freeze the leftovers? Answer: Yes, you can freeze the leftovers. Allow the casserole to cool, then wrap it tightly in plastic wrap or aluminum foil before placing it in the freezer. Thaw and reheat when ready to eat.
Q4: How can I add more flavor to the chicken filling? Answer: Feel free to customize the seasoning of the chicken filling. You can add herbs like thyme or rosemary, or spices such as cumin or paprika, according to your taste preferences.
Q5: Can I use a different type of cheese? Answer: Absolutely! While the recipe calls for mozzarella, you can experiment with other cheeses like cheddar, Monterey Jack, or a blend of your favorites.
Q6: What sides would pair well with this casserole? Answer: This casserole goes well with a side salad, steamed vegetables, or a light coleslaw. You can also serve it with a side of rice or mashed potatoes.
Q7: How long does it take to bake in a convection oven? Answer: If using a convection oven, you may need to adjust the temperature slightly lower and reduce the baking time. Keep an eye on the casserole, and when the crescent rolls are golden brown, it should be ready.
Q8: Can I make this ahead of time? Answer: Yes, you can assemble the casserole ahead of time and refrigerate it until you’re ready to bake. This is convenient for meal prep or entertaining.